Hoplocephalus stephensii or the Stephens' Banded Snake
Did you know...
- Stephens' banded snake is one of the few arboreal (tree-dwelling) venomous Australian snakes.
- They can grow up to about 1 metre in length.
- The Stephens' Banded Snake gives birth to around six live young.
- While there are no recorded deaths from bites from this species, the Stephens' Banded Snake is considered dangerous.
- They are found along the mid-east coast, usually in mountain rainforests.
- Their diet consists mainly of frogs.
Where the Stephens' banded snake can be found in Australia: