Egernia striata or the Night Skink
Did you know...
- Night skink reptiles are one of the few nocturnal members of the skink family.
- The night skink live in the deserts of the Northern Territory and Western Australia.
- The night skink dig complex burrow systems in sand, with the entrance normally concealed near a low shrub.
- Baby night skink reptiles often stay in or near their parents' burrow.
- The night skink lie in wait at the burrow's entrance and ambush passing invertebrates, such as insects and spiders, and smaller lizards.
Where to find the Night Skink in Australia: